Vacancies at Manchester City
Boots and Beats Co-ordinator
City in the Community are recruiting a Boots and Beats Coordinator to join the team.
The Boots and Beats project is funded by Cityzens Giving and is delivered in partnership with GMYN and CITC. The Coordinator of this project will support the integration of Boots and Beats into the expansion of the Kicks project within Manchester.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with GMYN to plan and coordinate the delivery of Boots and Bears as part of the wider Cityzens Giving activation
- Supporting with the recruitment, training, support and coordination of the Boots and Beats Youth Project Team
- Ensuring all statistics are input and kept up to date on the Substance Views system
- Making the project accessible too hard to engage groups and support them to participate in learning activities including training, volunteering and football/music sessions
- Completing all necessary assessments where and when required
The successful candidate must have a basic understanding of Community work and an understanding of youth work practice, awareness and compassion for issues affecting young people.
They must be proficient in Microsoft Office based programmes being able to deliver suitable and professional ways of communicating across many platforms at variable levels.
It is important that the successful candidate has strong organisation skills, being able to prioritise tasks and coordinate themselves and others to ensure goals are achieved.
Experience of working with disadvantaged young people and delivering non-formal learning activities to young people is also essential.
Finally, the successful candidate must have proven experience of working towards and meeting targets.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting vacancy reference MG-551-20150218.
Closing date: Saturday 28 February 2015
Proposed start date: ASAP
Due to the large volume of expected applications we will only be able to contact those short-listed for interviews.
Find out more about us here
Experts in building winning teams
Fabulous Fan Fayre and Manchester City Football Club are looking for superstars to join our team here!
If you think you would make a great ambassador for Fabulous Fan Fayre on a match day and would like to be part of our team then we’d love to know more about you, please email us quoting the reference MCFC14/F3 email@example.com with your CV and a fabulous cover letter.
We are currently looking for:
• Waiters and Waitresses
• Wine Waiters
• Section Managers
• Bar Personnel
• Team Leaders
• Concession Employees
• Kitchen Porters
• Restaurant Managers and Supervisors
• Customer Service Survey Team Members
• Hospitality Cellar Assistant
As a member of the Two Ticks scheme, we are proud to show our commitment to employing disabled people and judging people on their abilities alone.
As a member of the scheme we make five commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness:
These commitments are:
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees know about progress and future plans.
Further information about the Two Ticks scheme is available from the Gov.uk website: