Vacancies at Manchester City
2015/16 City Football Group Graduate Opportunities
Opportunities exist in a range of areas across City Football Group for high achieving individuals who share our values and combine excellent academic standards with the drive to excel in this challenging and exciting environment. Undergraduate students looking for roles starting in 2016 are encouraged to apply.
Please note: the deadline for graduate opportunities starting in Sept 2016 / Jan 2017 has now passed. Applications for next year's programme will open in Autumn 2016.
Head of Business Applications
We are recruiting a Head of Business Applications to join the team in Manchester.
The primary function of this position is the management and operation of the business applications team, and is accountable for systems architecture definition, planning, resourcing, budgeting, project management, development and systems maintenance.
This role is also responsible for the overall direction, coordination, budgeting, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects, ensuring consistency with the CFG strategy, commitments and goals, maintenance and support of all CFG business systems.
Key responsibilities will include to:
- Managing and leading the Business Applications team for CFG
- Manages P&L/budget for the Business Applications team
- Be the expert to review the CFG business system strategy and provide constant visibility of the Club's application landscape
- Providing KPIs to measure team effectiveness and ability to deliver and provide mitigation if required
- Developing integrated project plans, implementation schedules and cost estimates for major, long-term projects
We are looking for candidates who have a strong functional and technical knowledge of SAP ERP and CRM suite of applications.
Candidates must have extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and resource management practices. Excellent leadership skills and demonstrated facilitative management skills are essential along with proven experience in project management and change management.
Finally, it is essential that candidates have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems with extensive experience in project and change management.
To apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com quoting vacancy reference: GN-678-20160523
Closing date: 3 June 2016
City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment and welcomes all applications from people who meet the requirements of the job description.
As a member of the Two Ticks scheme, we are proud to show our commitment to employing disabled people and judging people on their abilities alone. We make a commitment to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities.
Proposed start date: ASAP
Due to the large volume of expected applications we will only be able to contact those shortlisted for interviews.
Find out more about us here
Experts in building winning teams
Fabulous Fan Fayre
- To interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- To discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- To make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- To take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- To review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees know about progress and future plans.
As a member of the Two Ticks scheme, we are proud to show our commitment to employing disabled people and judging people on their abilities alone.
As a member of the scheme we make five commitments regarding recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness:
These commitments are:
Further information about the Two Ticks scheme is available from the Gov.uk website: